Monday, November 17, 2008

Let's Talk Turkey

After making 28 turkeys in two weeks, Stuart Stein has found the best way to produce a plump, juicy bird for your Thanksgiving celebration... his solution? Brine it! Click here for details.

Not being a fan of slimy, featherless carcasses and plastic bags full of miscellaneous avian parts, I have to admit that I've never made my own turkey, but I love feasting off the labor of others. Fortunately, my brother is particularly adept at this feat, although I'm not sure he's ever tried the brining method... maybe I'll make a suggestion this year.

So best of luck with your (hopefully local and organic) turkey preparations, unless of course you're a vegetarian, in which case I recommend you stick to vegetables this holiday. I mean who really wants to sink their teeth into this?

No comments: