Monday, January 19, 2009

Curious?

I'll bet you are. ;O)

When I went to the LOC, I also walked down to the National Mall with my camera to get you all some exclusive footage of what's going on... or at least a couple of pictures.

Surprisingly, doomsday hasn't come to DC as everyone was predicting - you can still find parking on Capitol Hill, the Metro is busy-but-manageable, and everyone is in high spirits. It did just start snowing (for the second time this year)... but it's a pleasant, sparse snow that will probably melt before it hits the ground.

I wasn't able to go to the concert yesterday since I was at Obama Radio Nation instead - a celebration thrown by the liberal radio stations that had supported Obama throughout his race and will continue to keep him on his toes when he's in office. I plan to be on the mall for the inauguration tomorrow though and will certainly bring my camera then to share pictures with all of you.

Only one more day! Take care everyone and have a good MLK day... I didn't sign up for a service project out of fear of crowds, but I'll be going through my closet and filling a bag with clothes to drop off at Goodwill. Anyone have any good projects they're participating in?

3 comments:

Nora said...

I'm so glad you're there Anne. Be sure to save some memorabilia from this day - maybe something for Dave too. It is an amazing day of history that you are able to participate in and you will be able to tell your kids about one day. Us curious folks are waiting for your photos from tomorrow.

Love you, Mom

Jane said...

Thank you! Thank you Anne, roving reporter. What great photos. I love that you're sharing your up close and personal photos of the big event. Have a blast and stay warm.

Jane said...

BTW...did Katie tell you to check out the Let Them Eat Cake entry on my blog? I thought you'd appreciate the info, miss cupcake baker!